Monday, June 22, 2009

Worst Poker Club in the Philippines

For more than a month now, I've been playing Texas Holdem Poker regularly at "The Metro Card Club" in Metrowalk Ortigas and eventhough I've been on a month long losing streak (which doesn't make me feel good of course but it's part of playing Poker) I still appreciate the services being offered by this Poker Club. Super cold temperature, free bottomless iced tea or coffee or water, most employees are friendly and accomodating (sadly not all though), hosts a lot of tournaments (which I prefer more than cash games), etc.

But since this Poker Club is in Ortigas and I've seen in Asian Poker Tour website that there is another Poker Club in Paranaque called "Pocket Ace Poker Club" (nope, it's not in any way related to this blog), I was so interested to check it out since it's near our place since we reside in Paranaque as well. So off we go last Saturday...

Below are my observations and personal experience with this particular Poker Club and you be the judge (but don't take my word for it, try the Poker Club and experience their facility and services yourself):
  • Their mobile contact number is always unreachable for inquiries
  • It's near Roxas Boulevard and the Ninoy Aquino International Airports (NAIAs)
  • Very limited parking spaces
  • It's beside a SPA and massage center
  • Temperature inside is no better outside as it's hot as if there's no airconditioning system
  • Employees don't know how to greet and accomodate guests
  • Their free coffee have ants in it
  • People with asthma or hate smoking will be pissed off as it seems there's a pot session inside because of the cloud of smoke from cigars
  • Chip runners don't know how to count chips
  • Card dealers don't know how to properly deal cards and point out actions to players which led to me exposing my hole cards as I thought the card dealer was pointing at me to show my cards after the last communal card (called River) was dealt and he burned a fourth card and attempted to show a "sixth communal card" which is very odd because there are only 5 communal cards in Texas Holdem Poker
  • And last but certainly the worst, the floor supervisor/manager doesn't know how to probe (investigate) dealer and players to know the real story why I "accidentally" exposed my hole cards which led to a very unfair decision especially to me who is a first-timer on their Poker Club which should have been given a fair warning on this first offense which led me to lose PhP900.00 worth of Poker Chips even if I won the hand with my 3 of a kind Aces

I haven't been to all Poker Clubs here in the Philippines aside from "The Metro Card Club" in Ortigas and "Pocket Ace Poker Club" in Paranaque but I do hope that the latter is already the worst Poker Club (in my opinion) in this country as if there are more worse than this... then Heaven help their Poker Club get regular players enough for them to break-even.

So far, "The Metro Card Club" is still the best Poker Club (for me) here in the Philippines. But don't take my word for it of course... Try "The Metro Card Club" for yourself and try "Pocket Ace Poker Club" as well and you be the judge as per your personal experience. If you know me personally, you'll say that I seldom give negative feedbacks about anyone or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment