Thursday, June 11, 2009

The buck starts here

I have always been fascinated by the card game called Poker especially Texas Holdem Poker after unintentionally playing it in my grandfather's funeral which led me to regularly watch Celebrity Poker on TV where celebrities from different industries play the card game for a cause which eventually led me to learning more about the game via the internet and books. And as they say... The rest is history!

Pocket of Aces is my personal journal that I would like to share to the public to learn more about this very fun and interesting card game. Nope, I'm not a World Series Poker Champion (well at least not yet) but rather somewhere between a beginner and an advance Poker Player who continuously learn more about the game and simultaneouly be able to teach others the game as well via my experiences and teachings. So this blog would consist of my victories and as well as my defeats, regular Poker quotes, regular Poker slangs, latest Poker news and everything else about Poker especially Texas Holdem Poker and possibly other card games, sports and recreational activities. To some Poker is simply gambling and it is undeniably true but not entirely true as well. You'll be surprised to find out how "life like" the game of Poker could be. Stick around and you'll find out soon enough...

Pocket of Aces is a Poker slang which basically mean the strongest possible starting hand in Texas Holdem Poker (I just don't know if the same is true to other Poker games but I believe it is). That being said, this Filipino Poker Player prays to be the strongest Filipino Poker Player in terms of playing the sport (yes it is a sport) and hopefully be able to become the strongest Filipino Poker Player in terms of being an inspiration to other people as well - Pokerwise or otherwise by continuously learning via books, other people's experiences and personal experiences as well.

Oh by the way... This first blog entitled, "The buck starts here" is a poker quote which means the dealer button a.k.a. buck in Texas Holdem Poker starts on this weblog. A lot of Poker Players enjoy having the buck or the dealer button because you get to see how your competition acts first before you do which is an advantage in making your decisions. More about these things in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment